Saturday, February 1, 2014

International Collaboration

I am now an international collaborator! I had the opportunity to be connected with a 4th grade class in Alberta, Canada. When we realized that Scholastic was hosting a webinar with two of our favorite authors Jeff Kinney and Dav Pilkey, we agreed that this would be the perfect opportunity to join our classrooms. It was amazing!

During the webinar both of our classrooms joined a TodayMeet room. They were able to blog back and forth with one another while watching the interview. On the webcast, the authors presented a contest. Students were challenged to write the ending to one of the stories Jeff and Dav started together. The winner will have their ending published in the book! My class and the Alberta class are going to participate in this contest. The students will share their stories with one another throughout the process. I’m excited to see how my writers change with a different audience!

No comments:

Post a Comment